gpdf hangs with latex created pdf

Re: Bugs #233255 [1] and #249443 [2]

Freetype 2.1.7 is buggy and this causes gpdf to hang and use 100% cpu
when viewing pdf files created by latex [3]. This makes gpdf pretty
useless for academic work (at least for me) as the majority of papers
are produced using latex.

This bug still exists in the current unstable package (gpdf 0.131-1). It
is also still fixed by upgrading freetype 2.1.7 to 2.1.8. The freetype
maintainer has not responded to the bug I filed against libfreetype6.
Does anyone know why the new (less buggy) version of freetype can't be
uploaded? Also shouldn't this bug (233255) be reassigned to
libfreetype6? Now that I know what pdfs it affects it is 100%
reproducible on both machines that I have.

[3] http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/german/l2tabu/l2tabu.pdf