Re: GNOME 2.6 definitely not ready for unstable

Le dim, 23/05/2004 à 04:05 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine a écrit :

> Anyhow, there's no /system/gstreamer/0.8/ section available thru gconf-editor,
> thus no key to edit.  gconftool-2 is not an end-user tool either.

Have you tried to "killall gconfd-2" ? That's a old and well know issue
but gconfd need to be restarted to use new schemas ...

> Between gstreamer-properties and gconf-editor, one of them should one work.  right
> now, neighter one allows changing thta setting.

gconf-editor works, you're problably having a old gconf problem ...

> > it shows you don't know how to set a gconf key too ?
>
> Are you trying to insult me or are you just downright blind and stupid?

Stop to go in this way! The stupid stuff here is mailing -release list,
with wrong arguments (it *is* possible to configure gstreamer0.8
audiosink in unstable even if you face a old gconf bug non-related) to
say that gnome2.6 is not ready before mailing any of the gnome2.6
maintainer to talk about the issue.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher