Re: 'Applications -> Preferences -> Font' not working.

See below.

Tux:~# gnome-font-properties
gnome-font-properties: error while loading shared libraries: libmetacity-private.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Tux:~# gnome-sound-properties
gnome-sound-properties: error while loading shared libraries: libmetacity-private.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Tux:~# gnome-theme-properties
bash: gnome-theme-properties: command not found
Tux:~# find -name gnome-theme-manager -print
Tux:~# cd /
Tux:/# find -name gnome-theme-manager -print
./usr/bin/gnome-theme-manager
find: ./proc/3746/task: No such file or directory
find: ./proc/4633/task: No such file or directory
Tux:/#
Also, in trying mplayer (working yesterday) I now get

alsa-init: requested format: 16000 Hz, 2 channels, Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)alsa-init: no soundcards found: Success
AO: [arts] loading the aRts backend "/usr/lib/libartscbackend.la" failed
AO: [esd] esd_open_sound failed: No such file or directory

... possibly unrelated.

I might try 'apt-get remove metacity' and switch to testing
(I usually find it a bit boring ...)

Adam Bogacki,
afb@paradise.net.nz