Re: xkb

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 12:58:46PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

 > >     Option    "XkbLayout"   "de,ru"
 > >     Option    "XkbOptions"  "grp:shift_toggle"
 >
 > I assume that the Options line tells which key will be used to switch
 > layouts?  Can you tell me more about this?  Here, I need a key
 > _other_ than AltGr to work. The right-side Windows key would be a
 > good choice, in my case.

 Start by looking in /etc/X11/xkb/README.config (this file should not be
 here, someone cares to report the bug? Can't check the BTS right now).

 Then look in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/group, that'd be your options.

    alt_shift_toggle    right alt + right shift
    alts_toggle         Both shift keys
    caps_toggle         CapsLock
    ctrl_alt_toggle     Right control + right alt
    ctrl_shift_toggle   Left control + left shift
    ctrls_toggle        Both control keys
    lalt_toggle         Left alt
    lctrl_toggle        Left control
    lshift_toggle       Left shift
    lwin_toggle         Left windows
    menu_toggle         Menu
    rctrl_toggle        Right control
    rshift_toggle       Right shift
    rwin_toggle         Right windows
    shift_toggle        Both shift keys
    toggle              Right alt

 Read the comments in that file.

 This doesn't work with older versions of XFree.  It's also possible to
 do something like this, but it looks very different in the
 configuration file and it's not as flexible.

--
Marcelo