Re: Re: All mozilla-based browser crash

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 15:42, Philipp Strack wrote:
> I have the same Problem using a fresh debian Sarge (gnome 2.4)
> installation, but deleting the .xsession file doesn't help. I asked in
> the mozilla developer chatroom but they told me it seems to be a debian
> specific problem
>
> It would be very nice if anyone could help me.
>
> Please mail me directly because I[ ]am not su[b]scribed
>
> Philipp.Strack@gmx.de
>
> Thank you very much

What architecture are you using? PPC? x86? Other?

Try deleting all plugins (moving the away) from the plugin folder in
your $HOME and also /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Make sure that you only have the null plugin, if anything there.

Also, you might want to try mozilla with a different account in that box
(not your own). That might hint to something.

Other things that might be useful to try:
$> which mozilla # /usr/bin/mozilla -> /etc/alternatives/mozilla and
this last one points to /usr/bin/mozilla-1.6 (a born-shell script)?
$> ldd /usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin # and look for anything missing

I used to see random crashes with Mozilla whenever I go to pages with
Flash images embedded or Java (not lately with Firefox).

Hope that helps.

--
Luis M

lemsx1@latinomixed.com
If a 6600 used paper tape instead of core memory, it would use up tape
at about 30 miles/second. -- Grishman, Assembly Language Programming

http://www.latinomixed.com/