Re: gnome-devel and gnome-core devel of experimental

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Enver ALTIN wrote:

> From: Enver ALTIN <enver.altin@frontsite.com.tr>
> Subject: Re: gnome-devel and gnome-core devel of experimental
>
> On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 12:41 +0200, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> > > Am I doing something wrong?
> > Yes¸ you have the "libtool" package from experimental installed, not the one
> > from unstable (which is currently at 1.5.6-1).
>
> Because I'm lazy a lot, I did apt-get dist-upgrade -t experimental to
> get GNOME 2.6 running. It was pretty straightforward :)
>
> Anyway, isn't the newer (experimental) libtool supposed to work?

There is a difference between "should" and "does". I've had problems
with other projects with the libtool from experimental too (g3dcpp
doesn't compile with the libtool from experimental).

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny