Re: Upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable

* Martin-Éric Racine (q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi) [040418 20:10]:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Please take into account that there is no way we would update an entire
> > GNOME system in such an update.  The updates are only meant to suck up
> > all those security patches, fix a few very critical bugs and correct
> > license issues.

> That policy really ought to be relaxed to at least include important, but not
> necessarily critical updates (e.g. fixes annoying, but not destructive, should
> become an acceptable reason. See #221404 for an example of what SHOULD become an
> acceptable revision item.

I agree that we should try to get rid of annoying bugs. But - the way
to do this is not to break our point releases, but to release Debian
quite more often. If we really manage to release Debian about once a
year, such bugs are not so bad as it seems now.

But: Definitly point releases are _not_ the right way to get a new
gnome version in. No way.

Cheers,
Andi
--