Re: how to easily get gnome 2.6 out of experimental ?

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:57:04PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> The gnome meta-package is a pretty big set, so might be harder to resolve
> than smaller sets such as gnome-core or gnome-desktop-environment. I'd
> recommend the latter.

Unfortunately this isn't quite sufficient either.  I can't remember now,
but there are still a number of libraries that will not end up being
upgraded through installing g-d-e.  I ended up grubbing through all the
packages matching libg* and *gnome* and installing any that had 2.6.x
versions available.

There's probably a better way, but perhaps we should tighten the
dependencies to ensure that everything needed for a full upgrade gets
dragged in.

--
    Vincent Ho
loki /at/ internode.on.net

Every complex problem is a simple hierarchy of simple problems.