autofs and nautilus

Hey,

I have some remote filesystems I mount using autofs. When I'm using
nautilus to browse these shares (those which are over long distance) it
is very slow. Using normal 'ls' is pretty fast, at least when they are
cached.

This is probably because nautilus doesn't know that these are network
shares, I don't have them in fstab. Have tried to find info on this but
failed; is there a clever entry I could add to fstab that makes nautilus
understand that the share isn't local?

Tried to remove the settings found in preferences about making
thumbnails etc, but didn't quite help.

As an example:
/mnt
  `- /smb/