Re: Sarge troubles...

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 13:32, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > gnome-pilot is not maintained as far as I can tell.
>
> Not maintained?  It's maintained upstream, though with a slow release
> cycle (I'm on the gnome-pilot list).  Or do you mean that the Debian
> maintainer is not actively keeping up the package?

Ah, I thought upstream it was effectively dead. Glad to hear it isn't.
:)

> As for Galeon, my experience isn't quite as bad as the LWN
> editors (see today's edition, if you're subscribed), but the memory
> bloat and feature retreat are real issues.  Then again, that's why it's
> an "unstable" 1.3 release. :-)

I wish people would stop with the feature retreat in galeon. :)  Galeon
at one stage hit a serious feature retreat, and then there was no
development for a long time as the then-maintainer and the other
developers/users had a *huge* flame over features. This resulted in the
maintainer forking Galeon and creating Epiphany.  Galeon nearly died,
but the developers eventually got back together and are working on
making galeon a good web browser with lots of *sane* configuration
options.  Galeon has been steadily gaining options since then.

If there is an option you, file a wishlist bug upstream, or talk to the
developers about it.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com