Re: Re: why are gconf schemas installed into /etc

Hi,
sorry for the late reply; i'm not subscribed to the list and forgot
about the issue...

Why can't we change to /usr/local right now?
my suggestion should work:
just add  "xml:readonly:/usr/share/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults"
into  /etc/gconf/2/path  above the line
"xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults"

and we can start installing the schema file to their proper location.
The new schema files will take precedence.
At some point later we can then just remove the dirs in /etc/gconf.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
     erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C     (o_
 A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know. //\