Re: Splash screen issue

I had the same issue for the longest time... I narrowed it down to be an applet during startup that froze the splash screen. It turns out that having "netstatus-applet" in "sum" mode will lock it up. When I uncheck sum and logout->save session the splash screen works fine again. Dunno if thats the issue you have but I would disable as many startup apps as you can and see if that fixes anything.

-Rich

Jérôme Marant wrote:

Hi,

I do experience a strange thing: the splash screen (default
GNOME splash screen) will never disappear unless I click on it.

Any idea about the problem?

TIA.