Re: Splash screen issue

jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) writes:

> Hi,

> I do experience a strange thing: the splash screen (default
> GNOME splash screen) will never disappear unless I click on it.
>
> Any idea about the problem?

A problem with your session (missing or duplicate entries). Edit your
session with gnome-session-properties and don't forget to save the
session with gnome-session-save. If you don't see any changes read the
session file (~/.gnome2/session) for duplicate entries.

See also the top of ~/.xsession-errors for error messages.

Christian