Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

"Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org> writes:

>  > Tell me how you can tell to an user who come from Windows or for a
>  > newbie Linux user to open a terminal (terminal ? sorry I don't
>  > undertstand !) and type gconftool-2 ... ( where I should type
>  > gconftool-2 ... ?)
>
>  Uh?  You argue:
>
>     1. Using the gconf method isn't good enough because some users won't
>        see the changes (because they have made changes themselves)

No, wrong. I've never said that.

>     2. Some users are just too stupid to read (sorry to put it so blunt,
>        but that's what you are saying, without the PC filter on)

Then why the control-center exist ? Why GNOME or KDE exist ? Why do ypou
think that those projects exist ? Only for the fun ? Are you still
living at the stone age with your console ?

>     3. Stupid users have a right to change this too.
>
>     4. There's a Really Good Reason why this isn't easy to configure
>
>     5. Changing the default splash screen (which stupid users can't
>        change anyway because of 2 and 4) from the GNOME one to one with
>        the Debian logo stomps on the user's freedom of choice.

Pleas don't deform my words. Anyway I spend my time for nothing...

Christian