Re: xterm colors / sawfish fonts

Hi,

Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com> writes:

> > gnome-settings-daemon now sets some color related X resources so
> > non-GNOME applications look more like GNOME applications.
>
> I coded this feature, and just *knew* the first response to this feature
> would be "my windows are the wrong colours!" rather than "cool, my
> windows are the right colours!".

Please, don't take in wrong. Let me say just two words that I
forgot to say in this thread: Thank you. These words are extensible to
all GNOME and Debian developers.

When if first installed GNOME 2.x i thought "Wow!, now I would be able
to install Linux in my parents' computer".

I find that this new feature adds consistency to the desktop, which is a
good thing for a large number of users.

It just happens that this change took some of us by surprise.

> Note that the new gnome-control-center entered the archive only a few
> days after grdb left it... what wonderful timing. :)
>
> I tried to get a note in the release notes about this feature, but it
> didn't get in.

It's a pity that the note did not get in, since it would have clarified
the behaviour from the beginning, and we would have saved ourselves a
large e-mail exchange.

Best regards, and thank you again. Keep on with the good work.

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.