Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

Le sam 18/10/2003 à 22:59, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> > IMHO, debian is more about packaging than about coding per se. Such a
> > feature should go upstream. Now, it may be decided that proper shutdown
> > at logout is essential for debian to have. But it should stay relatively
> > exceptional.
>
> That's with attitudes like that that Debian can't get any decent
> integration at the desktop level.

What you say makes sense, especially when you look at a distro like
redhat or mandrake where loads of patches are developed in-house for the
sake of system integration - and it's a successful tactic. That's why a
say that proper shutdown at logout may be essential for debian to have -
in fact, proper gdm integration with reset/shutdown and
xscreensaver/xlock would rule.
What I fear is the development of incompatible forks.