Re: loking problem with GNOME on multiple NFS-home

Andreas Leitner <nozone@sbox.tugraz.at> writes:

> I wonder whether NFS sharing .gconf is really the solution that is
> adequate. I am not sure but I think I read somewhere that gconf can be
> used across a network. But I have no idea how exactly that works or
> how to set it up... Does anybody else know this?

You have to make ORBit talk TCP/IP, so that gconf can find gconfd
running on the other machine.

Make sure you have ORBIIOPIPv4 and/or ORBIIOPIPv6, depending on which IP
version(s) you are using, set in /etc/orbitrc.

Also, you need to make sure that rpc.statd and rpc.lockd (or the kernel
lockd thread, if using the kernel nfsd) are running on both the client
and the server for the locking to work.

Seee /usr/share/doc/gconf2/FAQ.gz for more details.

--
ilmari