Re: loking problem with GNOME on multiple NFS-home

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 19:16, Lorenzo Ansaloni wrote:
> Hi, I currently have the GNOME 2.2 woody backport set up on a group of 4
> Debian machines. All users' home directories are NFS mounted.
> When a user logout from the session, gnome don't unlock the session and
> the user must remove the file by hand (with a rm).
> The file are:
> /home/username/.gconf/%gconf-xml-backend.lock
> /home/username/.gconfd/lock

I have a 3 machine setup but here, when users log out, the locks get removed.
Unless the user doesn't log out properly (exit via CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE or system crash).
In this case the user has to remove his lock.

I wonder whether NFS sharing .gconf is really the solution that is adequate. I am not sure
but I think I read somewhere that gconf can be used across a network. But I have no idea how
exactly that works or how to set it up... Does anybody else know this?

regards,
Andreas