ORBit 2.8.1 uploaded to experimental

Hi!

I've just uploaded ORBit 2.8.1 to experimental. Unfortunately, this
version is troublesome. Since Michael Meeks (the upstream maintainer)
had the great idea to internalize linc into this "binary-compatible"
release of ORBit, bonobo-activation breaks. The problem is as follows:
When a socket is about to created in /tmp/orbit-user the
linc_get_tmpdir() function seems to fail. Therefore bonobo-activation
tries to open a file in the root directory which obviously fails and
leads to subsequent failures.

I don't know the exact reasons for this failure, so if anything has any
useful insights or knows where to dig, please let me know.

When I simply tried to rebuild bonobo-activation, it failed telling me
something along the lines of "bonobo-activation is obsolete, don't use
it". So, for now I resorted to conflicting with libbonono-activation4.
This means that the whole of GNOME would need to be rebuilt. At the
moment, I am devoid of a clue what to try next. Any ideas?

 - Sebastian