Re: Gnome2.2 backport and XFree86 4.3 on woody [was R:e XFree86 4.3 in Woody]

<quote who="Sven Luther">

> Totem has never worked as far as i can remember, but xine works fine.
> But then, buggy applications are no reason for saying X 4.3 is no good.

The source of the bug was without a doubt, X, not totem. Recent XF4.3
packages include a patch to rectify this bug - which, with a little help,
was found and fixed by Bastien, author of totem. Both totem and XF4.3 (when
crucial vendor patches are taken into account) operate very well.

I far prefer reading informed mailing list commentary, don't you?

- Jeff

   "I believe in true love. But I am easily satisfied." - Miguel de Icaza