Re: XD2 for debian woody

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 09:03:09AM +0000, Ghe Rivero wrote:
> something in reply to something in reply to something in reply to <
> something without DELETING THE PREVIOUS POSTS <

RFC 1855, Netiquette Guidelines for One-to-Many communications states:
 If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you
 summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just
 enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure
 readers understand when they start to read your response. Since
 NetNews, especially, is proliferated by distributing the postings from
 one host to another, it is possible to see a response to a message
 before seeing the original. Giving context helps everyone. But do not
 include the entire original!

Certainly delete the copy of the message two replies ago. This has been
the most annoying thread I've ever seen on debian-gtk-gnome, with pages
full of text (I am using mutt on a slow link) for one or two line
replies. Good work.

Regards,
Rob