Re: 'shutdown' options

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 14:00, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 10:02:47AM -0700, Pete Shinners wrote:
> > this is more of a gnome than debian question, but...
> >
> > how do i enable the "Shutdown" and "Reboot" buttons on the logout
> > dialog? it seems if i am logged in as root they are available, but i'd
> > like to shutdown when i'm normally logged in as well.
>
> Look at the archive of this list about a discussion i took part in about
> this selfsame subject.

Here is the link with a patch I submitted for gnome-session.  It
explains the issues involved, and why this feature isn't in debian.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2003/debian-gtk-gnome-200304/msg00241.html

I use this patch for many clients with great results.

Jamie

--
James Strandboge
Targeted Performance Partners, LLC