Re: Gnome 2.2 packages entering testing

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>
> Hello,
>
>> now that fam has finally made it into testing and atk1.0 will probably
>> make it tonight, a number of Gnome 1.4 packages will be replaced by
>> their 2.2 successors. But some important packages, notably
>> gnome-session and nautilus, still have RC bugs or are out of date (the
>> latter is the case with gnome-session).
>
> Not the case for gnome-session. The RC bug was mine because conversion
> script was not working 2 days ago.
>
> FYI I did a new gnome-session upload today to force a rebuild for
> mipsel. Then wait and see. In the same time I did a new libgnome
> upload. We need to wait 10 days.

[...]

Good! I see that another major showstopper is actually cupsys[1], bugs
#193475 and #193671. Both reports are marked "grave" and still open
despite the fact that a) it is likely not the fault of cupsys
(#193475) or b) the submitter did not respond to requests for required
additional information.

I wonder if it makes sense to nag the cupsys maintainer to close or at
least downgrade these two.

Thanks,

Johannes

Footnotes: