Re: compiling gaim for woody and xfree86 4.1

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 15:05, Robert McQueen wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:57:03AM -0400, James Strandboge wrote:
> > I am the maintainer of the gnome2.2 backport for woody.  I did actually
> > get the backport to run under 4.1.0, but I don't know how stable it
> > would prove day to day
> >snip<
> > from my backport.  Note, this is a mostly untested configuration and may
> > not work well.  However, it is probably at least worth a try since you
> > can easily uninstall all the packages mentioned without hurting your
> > system.
> >
> > Jamie
>
> This is the alternative more complex method. You can just use the Gaim
> from my URL if you don't need antialiased fonts. Note that I fully
> support James' backports and use them myself on many machines, but I use
> them to get GNOME 2.2 in its entirety. If you just want a newer Gaim,
> it's overkill to backport Gtk 2.2 and fontconfig etc etc.

Obviously I wanted to plug the backport.  :)  But seriously, I didn't
realize that you were providing debs.

I may provide the debs (xft2, xrender, fontconfig, et al) to use with
4.1 for those who want to be daring.  It is just a few libraries, then
the rest of the backport would be the same.

Jamie

--
James Strandboge
Targeted Performance Partners, LLC