Keyboard locking up when resuming from the screen saver

Hello, me again, with another one of those weird ones ...

I just recovered my monitor on my main PC and reconfigured XFree for a
1600 x 1200 resolution (before you ask: not, there is no XFree
misconfiguration here; I took the configuration I had before, it was
working).

Now, here's where it gets funny.

Whenever I resume activity after the screen saver or the monitor's power
saving feature kicked in, my keyboard just refuses to work, no keystroke
will be displayed until I unplug/replug the keayboard (USB).

Was that problem ever recorded ?

Some specs:

Debian unstable
XFree 4.2.1