Re: sid XFree4.3

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 11:21:57PM -0400, Tony A. Lambley wrote:
> Thanks for making this set of debs, though unfortunately some of my
> fonts have become rather poor since I upgraded to your 4.3.
>
> KDE, GNONE2 are wonderfully anti-aliased, but the older style apps like
> evolution, gimp, openoffice and gkrellm have a general ugliness that I
> didn't have before. It's not only the fonts they use in the app, but
> also those in their tool bars and menus. I can't even find where to
> change their sizes.
>
> I've spend many an hour going round in circles playing with the FontPath
> settings in XF86Config-4.
>
> Any ideas what could have changed? I'm totally out of ideas and
> completely googled out.

Hi Tony!
I personally don't know what font-rendering infrastructure GTK1 uses, so
I can't really help you out. I'll forward this request to the
debian-gtk-gnome list, who may be able to help you.

Good luck!
:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne