Re: What is blocking fam from testing?

El día 12 may 2003, Johannes Rohr escribía:
> Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 10:03, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> > > Hello there,
> > >
> > > tracking down what is blocking Gnome 2 from testing I found that fam
> > > is the last package that still holds back gnome-vfs, thus libgnome and
> > > everything that depends on it.
> > >
> > > Having visited http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fam.html, I fail to
> > > understand what is still blocking fam. The update-excuses say, fam was
> > > a valid candidate and they don't indicate any further issues.
> > >
> > > Could someone please enlighten me, if possible?
> >
> > http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=fam
>
> Oh Lord, what a mess! Hundreds of obsolete KDE 2.2 packages depending
> on an obsolete libfam -- why can't they just go away?

  Because that will make KDE disappear from testing.

> A certain amount of breakage is inevitable when the new fam enters
> testing. Why can't it happen now? Who would still want to use KDE
> 2.2.2?

  Which amount of breakage? Testing scripts are done for avoiding just
  that. That's why we must wait for KDE to be able to go also in. And
  this needs qt-x11-free also going in, which needs postgresql, which
  needs perl which is buggy.

> Who has to take the decision?

  Anthony Towns as release manager.

--