Re: What is blocking fam from testing?

Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 10:03, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > tracking down what is blocking Gnome 2 from testing I found that fam
> > is the last package that still holds back gnome-vfs, thus libgnome and
> > everything that depends on it.
> >
> > Having visited http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fam.html, I fail to
> > understand what is still blocking fam. The update-excuses say, fam was
> > a valid candidate and they don't indicate any further issues.
> >
> > Could someone please enlighten me, if possible?
>
> http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=fam

Oh Lord, what a mess! Hundreds of obsolete KDE 2.2 packages depending
on an obsolete libfam -- why can't they just go away?

A certain amount of breakage is inevitable when the new fam enters
testing. Why can't it happen now? Who would still want to use KDE
2.2.2?

Who has to take the decision?

Thanks,

Johannes