Re: root login

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 03:42:50PM -0500, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 13:57, Michael Toomim wrote:
> --snip--
> > Of course users never *need* to log into gdm as root -- you don't *need*
> > GDM in the first place -- but it makes things easier in some cases.  On
> > the opposite end, nobody has given a convincing argument for why you
> > *need* to keep root logins away from gdm!
>
> I think that having root logins disabled by default and letting you
> enable them just by running gdmconfig is perfectly reasonable. It makes

Hah, but how do you run gdmconfig if you are not root ?

Maybe we could enable the System menu in gdm by default too, this would
enable the user to shutdown the box, and run gdmconfig. That said, maybe
we should have a limited system menu with only gdmconfig by default, for
the multi-user boxes.

Friendly,

Sven Luther