Re: root login

Michael Toomim <toomim@uclink4.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Hylke van der Schaaf wrote:
> > I've seen several cases of users that messed up their system. But a
> > main reason there are no virusses for unix systems is that users are
> > not root. I don't think that should be changed...
>
> There are TONS of virii and worms on unices, and hackers seem to PREFER
> getting into unix machines over windows machines.

I've never had one of my unix machines hacked, none of the unix machines
here at university that I know of have been hacked, but I've seen tons of
win2k machines being hacked and turned into wares servers.

Hackers prefer getting into machines that are easy to get into, regardless
of the original function of those machines.

Hylke

--
Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me
spread :)