Re: What ever happened to gnome-office?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:15:03AM +0100, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> Until the port to GTK 2 is completed, I actually do favor balsa over
> Evolution. International font support in Gtkhml1.1 is still awful. I
> never ever succeeded in displaying a Russian mail in Evo, not to
> mention composing mail in other than your current locale's script.
>
> balsa _is_ a Gnome 2 program today and takes advantage of Gnome 2's
> excellent i18n support. (Well, and unlike Evo it is fast and small.)

Thanks for the support Johannes = ). I'm Balsa's maintainer.

Perhaps we need a gnome-net meta-package as well? For all the GNOME
communication software, since Balsa is more of an Email client than a
office suite component. So I propose the following:

gnome-office 	Depends: evolution | balsa, ...

gnome-net 	Depends: balsa | evolution, epiphany-browser, gabber,
		gnomeicu, xchat2

What do you guys think of this compromise?

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

PS: Would anyone be opposed to the GNOME Clipboard Manager
(gcm-applet) being added to the gnome-office metapackage?

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau              Computer Science & Student Rep, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it                 Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *