Re: debhelper-gnome

Em 21 Jan 2003 13:07:24 +0000, Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I've packaged the first release of debhelper-gnome. The package name and
> location of the files depends on feedback from Joey Hess -- I've mailed
> him and await feedback.
>
> dh_gconf: find and create postinst scripts for any GConf schemas
>
> dh_scrollkeeper: find OMF files, and create postinst/postrm scripts to
> update the scrollkeeper database. Also replaces remote DTD references
> for local files in the package build directory.

About the name of the package, I guess gconf and scrollkeeper are not
gnome-only technology, and may be used by some other projects right
now or in the future.

I, for one, always consider using gconf on my own projects, gnome,
gtk+-only or none of the above(tm). I've heard rumors about KDE using
gconf in the future, and maybe some other desktops could do so.

FreeDesktop.org may use them as standards in the future or something.

Why not calling the package in a more generic way? Something like
debhelper-desktop.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>