Re: "History" menu in sawfish/gnome2?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 00:27, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Can someone suggest what's going on here? I believe I'm just using
> > default settings for the packages involved.
> I've found why I've this menu entry. Sawfish has kept in
> ~/.sawfish/custom this option since I use sawfish and if you don't
> disable this option in the sawfish configurator, this option is always
> here.
> You can enable this feature with (require 'sawfish.wm.ext.window-history)
> in your ~/.sawfish/rc then logout/login and go in miscaleneous and you
> have an history tab, select the two first options, close the
> configurator. Remove the previous option in your ~/.sawfish/rc
> logout/login, the history menu is still here.

This worked for me, now I have the "History" menu.

But this does seem to be at least a little buggy.

When I added (require 'sawfish.wm.ext.window-history) into ~/.sawfishrc,
"History" appeared in the "Window" menu, but with no menu--just an empty
item.

When I checked the boxes in the Configurator, then removed window-history
from .sawfishrc, "History" remained, and now had the full menu.

It seems quite counterintuitive that adding and removing a line from an
rc file would end you up somewhere different from where you started.

Should this go upstream?

(Incidentally, the problem we were originally talking about was the
gnome-terminal "open new tab on maximize runs past bottom of screen" bug.
Although it's been fixed, it only works if you check "Lock position and
size while windows are maximized" under Sawfish Configurator->Minimizing
and Maximizing.)
---
Adam Kessel (adam@bostoncoop.net)