Re: galeon-snapshot segfaults

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 16:25, Markus Riester wrote:
> the last two galeon-snapshots segfault at startup. i dont't know which
> informations you need, so please tell me...

Try changing the
/apps/galeon-snapshot/Advanced/Network/proxy_prefs_converted value using
gconf_editor. I think this is a left over bug from user configuration
when there was a typo in the schemas file. Hopefully things will work
better when gnome-control-center is upgraded - galeon is supposed to use
new proxy settings.

There are a few other issues at the moment, such as the bookmarks menu
not working. This is due to requiring a newer libbonobo. I'll make a new
upload soon after mozilla-snapshot is upgraded, built with g++ 3.2.

If anyone here knows much about pkgconfig, please add a patch to
mozilla-snapshot bug #169929 - this makes most galeon-snapshot
autobuilds fail.

As for a release soon, don't count on it. Since Marco quit as galeon
maintainer, a lot of the work seems to have been restoring a little of
the 1.x series functionality. There were also a couple of weeks with
literally no activity. Not being accepted by gnome was also a real pain
- they lost out on assistance with 'finishing touches' required to make
it releasable (e.g. at present it has no documentation). Having said all
that, galeon-snapshot is very usable and IMHO far better than galeon1.

If anyone's interested, I will be following up on my ITP for
epiphany-browser (intuitive GNOME web browser. based on galeon, written
by the ex- galeon maintainer; focus on user interface, most likely with
quite unexpected results) when new mozilla-snapshot arrives.
--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :