Re: Rhythmbox won't play

[this is almost certainly a rhythmbox bug now; we might move the
discussion to rhythmbox-devel]

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 23:14, Graham Wilson wrote:

> > gst-launch gnomevfssrc location="/path/to/my/music/file.ogg" ! spider ! esdsink
>
> works for me.

Well, one problem is that rhythmbox has like almost zero error
handling.  I have a really hacked up patch for monkey-media to add some,
but I haven't gotten around to using that in rhythmbox.

But if the above command works, another possibility is that the
monkey-media metadata stuff is bombing out.  Could you try snarfing the
monkey-media source, and compile it, and then try using
tests/test-cmdline ?