Rhythmbox won't play

Hi all,

maybe someone could give me a hint how to get rhythmbox playing:

I am running esd, so with osssink as audiosink, I get

    ** (rhythmbox:18200): WARNING **: osscommon: unable to open the
    sound device (in use ?)

and nothing happens (but thats ok in my eyes). After killing esd and
restarting rhythmbox, the above warning doesn't show up, but rhythmbox
still gives no sound (the time display stays at 0:00).

I also tried esdsink, with the same result: the time display shows 0:00
and nothing happens.

--
Herzliche Grüße / kind regards
Stefan Rotsch