Re: Problem with gtk2.2

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 01:05:02 +0100
Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> > Do you have this file ?
> >
> > /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
>
> > No, i do not have it, and programs are warning me about it. I
> > searched for it in packages.debian.org, but it cannot find any
> > package with that file...
>
> Normal this file is generated in the postinst.
>
> Run /usr/sbin/update-gdkpixbuf-loaders under root.
>
> In the same time run /usr/sbin/update-gtk-immodules

Strange this last one was correctly executed (i know it was because i'm
editing this file for having only XIM and Default IM modules on), but
not the one for gdk-pixbuf.loaders ...

Well, everything is working good right now, but i found something quite
strange (something with gtk2.2 working with fontconfig i guess.)

I edited the /etc/fonts/fonts.conf to my tastes (Luxi Sans/Serif/Mono +
Bitstream Cyberbit, and only those 2 fonts.) It's working good for my
general locale ( fr_FR@euro ), but once i'm starting to work with the
ja_JP.UTF-8 or ja_JP.eucJP locale (for japanese input with XIM) the
interface (which is in french) is no longer displayed with the Luxi
Sans, but with the Bitstream Cyberbit font... no need to say there's no
problem of displaying the japanese characters when i'm using my default
locale (but maybe it's because Bitstream Cyberbit is unicode.)

It's just like it doesn't want to display the Luxi Sans characters
because they are iso-8859-* encoded, and not utf-8.

I think it's an upstream problem, but well, if anybody knows about a
workaround.

Julien