Re: Fwd: gnome-pilot [tom@osageinc.com]

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 16:34, Mike Markley wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 04:19:31PM +0100, Jens Bech Madsen wrote:
> > > On 2003.01.06 23:22 tom wrote:
> > > So, I considered re-installing Gnome from the sources, but decided that
> > > it is not worth the effort if I do not upgrade to 2.0. But, 2.0 does
> > > not work with Woody, only Sid. I'm putting off the upgrade to 2.0 until
> > > Sid becomes stable.
> >
> > You could try the Gnome2 packages backported to Woody. They work fine for
> > me. This line should do the trick in your /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> If you do so, you'll want to note that gnome-pilot does not currently
> work on gnome2. Efforts are underway to fix this.

The applet does not work, but gpilotd (the heart of the beast) works
fine.  I have been using woody with gnome-pilot compiled from sid
sources, with backported gnome2 and evolution 1.2.1 compiled from sid
sources and it all works great together.

Jamie

--
Email:        jstrand1@rochester.rr.com
GPG/PGP ID:   26384A3A