Re: Unified SystemTools Menu and Synaptic

Am Di, den 18.11.2003 schrieb Ross Burton um 17:05:
> > So you will also move?
>
> As "Printing" isn't a System Preference, probably not, no.

I don't understand why GST has moved away to the system tools menu.
Perhaps they develop for Red hat systems, since RH places all system
preferences into the system tools menu.

But I don't like this move. The entries just don't fit. Preferences have
the name of the to be configured stuff, and tools are named after their
function. So they should not be mixed.

The normal system tools menu should only include tools which operate at
a low level and now preferences.

But isn't "printing" a system preferences? You configure the whole cups
and not only user specific printers?

I would like to see a unified way of handling this in Debian. So I also
moved Synaptic to the normal system tools menu.

So what to do?

Regards,

Sebastian