Re: background in gnome 2.4

Botond Botyanszki <fuckspam@siliconium.net> writes:

>>> It is set to false. This gconf key doesn't seem to have any
>>> effect.
>
>> Hardly surprising when you don't run nautilus :-)
>
> I have run gnome 2.2 without nautilus and had my background drawn
> properly.
>
>> If you want Gnome to draw your desktop, you need to run
>> Nautilus. That's the way it is done in Gnome.
>
> Toggled some of the other gconf keys mentioned earlier in the thread
> and got it working again.

Which one made it working?

I have the same problem (background settings not applied at login
unless Nautilus is enabled).  I can get the background stuff working
after login through touching some gconf keys but so far nothing worked
across sessions.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/