Re: background in gnome 2.4

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 12:34, Daniele Venzano wrote:
> I want different backgrounds on different desktops, I think that's a
> simple feature, but the only window manager that manage this is the old
> enlightentment 0.16.
> For this reason I don't want nautilus to draw my desktop, and I have to
> go digging in gconf for the settings I need (that, BTW, are not
> documented, or perhaps I didn't search in the right places).

I wanted this behavior as well, so I wrote a simple C program to do it
for me. It is NOT flexible at all, highly specific to my setup (2
monitors using Xinerama), and is my first shot at X programming.. but I
did look at gnome-control-center's background stuff to write it, and
stole two functions from it as well. I used gdk-pixbuf to manipulate the
images. I thought about trying to hack up gnome-control-center's
Background panel to include this stuff but alas I didn't have time.

The source is here: http://teyandei.net/projects/xwpset/

--
James Curbo <james@teyandei.net>