Re: Epiphany ready for production?

Sorry for not cleaning the initial message much, but as it is pretty old
and every part is related to what I have to tell, I leave it there.

Le jeu 04/09/2003 à 15:29, James Strandboge a écrit :
> On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 05:42, Ramiro Alba Queipo wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 11:12, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> > > On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 09:25:29PM +0200, Ramiro Alba Queipo wrote:
> > >
> > >  > By the way. Is Flash working with mozilla 1.4 from the gnome2.2
> > >  > repository? (mozilla-1.3 directory). I can not make it work now, and
> > >  > before upgrading mozilla everything was fine.
> > >
> > >  What about Java?  Is there a secret handshake or something?  (If you
> > >  need to kill me after telling me, go ahead, but tell me first :-)
> > Ups!!!
> >
> > I have not noticed that java was not working either. So:
> >
> > Plugin status with mozilla-1.4:
> >
> > flash                 NOT WORKING
> > java                  NOT WORKING
> > mplayer-mozilla       OK    (from marillat.free.fr)
> > acroread-plugin       OK    (from marillat.free.fr)
> >
> > Can anyone tell me something about this?
>
> Hmm.  All these work for me. For the backport, I compiled mozilla 1.4,
> epiphany 0.9.2 and galeon 1.3.7.20030803 with gcc-2.95 for compatibility
> with all the plugins floating around out there.  acroread and flash
> sometimes max the cpu, but work and don't crash the machine here.
> However, with the mozilla 1.3 versions (previously in the
> gnome2.2/mozilla-1.3/ directory), acroread did not work in galeon or
> epiphany, but did in mozilla.  I therefore uploaded the mozilla 1.4
> based browsers.
Java, RealPlayer, MPlayer and Acrobat Reader work for me too with Woody
with James' backport.
Though Flash does still not work.

[...]

> Is it possible it is an esound problem?  I did:
> dpkg-reconfigure -plow mozilla-browser
>
> and selected esddsp.  Modify /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf and have:
> ao=sdl:esd
I did this (the first part, as my MPlayer is already working fine for a
long time) but Flash still does max the CPU and completely freeze Galeon
or Mozilla forever.

> You need to have libsdl1.2debian-esd and esound installed, and sound
> enabled in gnome.
>
> Sites tested:
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/2D/samples/java2demo/Java2Demo.html
> http://www.macromedia.com/
> http://www.quicktime.com/
> http://wber.monroe.edu/
> http://www.eds.com/thought/innovates/trends_linux.pdf

Try this one:
http://www.elicorp.be

It seems some "functions" in some Flash files do trigger the bug, and
others do not.

[...]

> Jamie
>
> PS-- Also keep in mind that mozilla 1.2 and a gtk1 version of galeon is
> in the 'official' gnome2.2/ part of the backport, and all these plugins
> work there.  The gnome2.2/mozilla-1.3/ is separated for testing (though
> like I said, it works here).
I confirm that the problem is not present with Galeon 1.2.7 and Mozilla
1.2.1.

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>