Re: please NMU gal2

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:35:20PM +0100, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> christophe barbe <christophe@cattlegrid.net> writes:
>
> > I am not criticizing the gnome 2.4 effort at all. It's just that being
> > unable to use nautilus (which despite being still there doesn't work
> > well with a partial upgrade to g2.4) is what I call broken.
>
> $ apt-cache showsrc nautilus | grep gal
> $
>
> $ apt-cache show nautilus | grep gal
> $
>
> Nautilus doesn't depends on gal2, and built fine on 9 archs ... so
> saying that gnome is broken on all archs is rude.

You seems to take it personnaly so I am sorry. I guess it's the word
broken that you don't like. Nautilus is not the broken package anyway.
It's the one I have on my system that is not playing nicely with the
gnome libs I have. I can't install the current nautilus (which would
work fine I am sure) without loosing a lot of gnome apps that I need.
I believe the culprit was gal2 and thanks to you the situation should
improve now.

Question: is it possible to indicate to the buildd servers that they
could retry to build some packages as soon as the new gal2 is available
(gtkhml3, evolution, ...)?

Christophe

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat.
--Ellen Perry Berkeley