Re: Gnome cups integration

"Roach, Mark R." <mrroach@cimplify.net> writes:

[...]

>> How is it different from the current gnome+cups integration? The list of
>> printers appears in the printing panel. Well, not in galeon, but it does
>> at least in abiword, gnumeric and evolution.
>
> How 'bout that? You are correct. Evo/Gnumeric etc. have the dialog I was
> expecting. Epiphany was the app that I was trying to print from though.
> I guess that makes it a bug in epiphany?... I will file a bug against
> that package. Thanks for your help, sorry for not checking my other apps
> first.

Since it is based on Mozilla, epiphany (as well as galeon) uses a
different printing mechanism. For Mozilla, installing xprt-xprintorg
gives you a nice printer selection dialogue (although it seems to be
*heavily* expensive in terms of CPU load). For Galeon, this doesn't
seem to make a difference (at least UI-wise, no idea about the
backend). For epiphany (which I don't use as it is _way_ to dumbed
down for my taste) it's probably the same.

Thanks,

Johannes

--
~/.signature under construction