Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

Jarno Gassenbauer <jarno@gmx.de> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 09:49, Johannes Rohr wrote:
>> Jarno Gassenbauer <jarno@gmx.de> writes:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I made 2 patches for gdm and gnome-session to trigger machine
>> > shutdown/reboot/suspend from the gnome logout dialog. Now gnome-session
>>
>> That's great! Do you think you could port your patch to
>> gnome-session-2.4, given that 2.2 is now obsolete?
>>

> Some new patches are there, this time including apt-get'able unofficial
> binary packages.
>
> http://jarno.gmxhome.de/gdm-shutdown/logout.html

The apt source is broken. The way you have provided the apt line, you
have to run dpkg-scanpackages from within the "unstable" directory,
but you have appearantly run it from the parent dir.

Look:
Package: gdm
[...]
Filename: unstable/gdm_2.4.1.7-1jag1_i386.deb

Consequently, apt fails to fetch the packages. It tries to retrieve
http://[...]/unstable/unstable/foo.deb

Thanks,

Johannes
--