Re: xterm colors / sawfish fonts

> I just commented out all the text in the files at
> /usr/share/control-center-2.0/xrdb/
> (a "!" at the begining of each line), and my applications recovered
> their old look. Unfortunatelly this change will be lost at next upgrade,
> since they are not conffiles.

I just posted a cleaner per-user solution, which may be more suitable.

> An easy way would be
>
> .- /usr/share/control-center-2.0/xrdb/* are soft links to somewhere in
> /etc/ , and the files in /etc are conffiles.

The path to the files is a single #define in gnome-control-center, so
the Debian packages could change that path to /etc/gnome/xrdb or
something.

> .- A note on /usr/share/doc/gnome-control-center/README.Debian
> explaining the subject. (I have read that interactive debconf questions
> should be kept to a minimum).

Christian, if you want I can draft the notes for this as I wrote this
feature.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com