Nautilus/Galeon situation

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 04:34:41PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > If Takuo doesn't react in a few hours, I'll NMU, as this is pretty
> > important. It'd be nice to have it in today's dinstall run, even.
> Thanks Jordi.

It hit incoming in time for today's dinstall.

Nautilus continues to have problems, though.
Galeon(testing) would break if nautilus 2.2 enters testing, so that is
blocking it, due to the libnautilus0 dependency in the old galeon-nautilus
package.

Our possibilities are:
- Get galeon 1.3 ready to go in testing. This means fixing mozilla. I
  would say "impossible" right now...
- Get galeon removed from testing entirely for the time being.
- Get galeon updated to get rid of galeon-nautilus via
  testing-proposed-updates.

As #1 is not realistic, we need to decide what to do. Removing galeon
from testing would suck for our poor testing users, so I'd say #3 is our
best choice.

Mark, do you agree with this? Are you able to prepare a Galeon 1.2.8
upload now, or should I handle it?

Release team, is this acceptable/a good idea?

Thanks,
Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/