Re: [cjwatson@debian.org: Suggesting removal of gnome-pilot and friends]

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 01:37:40AM -0700, Mike Markley wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 04:35:37PM +0100, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> > I probably should've cc'ed -gtk-gnome. The theory is that a working
> > control-center in testing and no gnome-pilot for now is better than a
> > broken control-center and a probably-working gnome-pilot. I don't know
> > yet if AJ will agree.
> >
> > It would be a good idea to freeze control-center and its dependencies
> > for a few days in unstable so that all this can work.
> >
> > (Note: this does *not* mean removing gnome-pilot from unstable, nor that
> > it has no chance of getting into sarge. Don't panic.)
>
> [puts on gnome-pilot maintainer's hat]
>
> Do whatcha gotta do. gnome-pilot is waiting for a few things (and one RC
> bug that's probably not gnome-pilot bug, but the submitter's email address
> bounces so I'm waiting for someone else who reported seeing it happen to
> check something for me).

It's done now:

  control-center |  1:2.2.2-1 |       testing | source

The only missing dependencies of gnome-core in testing are now nautilus
and nautilus-media. The former is waiting on gcc-3.3 to be fixed (which
should happen soon) and on whatever's stopping libgsf from building on
m68k; the latter needs gstreamer and gst-plugins to be fixed.

If the KDE maintainers get their ducks in a row, and with a bit of luck,
we should be able to get gnome-pilot back.