Re: Work-needing packages report for Sep 12, 2003

<quote who="Marcelo E. Magallon">

>  I just noticed, these are orphaned and are important for a good deal of
>  GNOME packages/users.  Perhaps someone (or several persons) in this
>  list has interest in giving them a home.
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:32:55AM -0400, Work Needing Prospective Packages wrote:
>
>  >    gnome-print (#201414), orphaned 58 days ago

I'm tempted to say this "doesn't matter". It's gnome-print for the 1.x
platform, and (although very debatable) I don't think the reverse depends
are *that* crucial (and some are already ported to the 2.x platform). Most
are relatively minor or already have better 2.x equivalents.

>  >    guppi (#188498), orphaned 154 days ago
>  >      Reverse Depends: libguppi-dev gnucash

gnucash matters, but guppi doesn't really have much of a future...

>  >    libzvt (#195969), orphaned 100 days ago
>  >      Reverse Depends: anjuta synaptic-debtags synaptic rcalc gnomesu
>  >      python2.3-gnome2 python2.2-gnome2 libzvt2.0-dev gnome-apt

I think most of the software relying on this for pty/shell support have or
are already moving to vte (or other solutions). It's possibly worth letting
libzvt go, as long as the important packages above are dealt with in some
way.

- Jeff

   "The Motif interface, with chunkier controls, felt more like a ghetto
                           blaster." - Liam Quin