Re: Gnome 2.4 in sid

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 23:53, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> I can understand the "to heck with it, fuck waiting for glibc to be sorted
> out" POV, but I feel that having a stable 2.x-based backup plan is hugely
> important. If the shit hits the fan, would it be worse to ship with 1.4 or
> 2.2? :-)

I'm not anyone of any importance, just looking from the outside as a
Debian user (contrary to my email address), but it probably doesn't
matter so much what Sarge ships with, as long as it is stable. I don't
know anyone personally that uses stable as a desktop, and if they do,
they usually use unofficial backports. The only issue there would be
those who use other archs, they might be annoyed about it, but I still
think it's not going to affect that many people. I myself (as well as
most other Debian users I talk to) use stable on servers and gateways,
and Sid on desktops (or stable/testing with backports).

That's my total unprofessional opinion. Sorry if it isn't valued or
desired, just say so and I'll go back to lurking. ;)

--
Dana